Monday, October 11, 2010
Wk8_Medieval Times 3
Fashion back then basically differed on the classes. The upper class usually had the best looking clothes becauase they could afford it. For the poor, the usually wore wool and the undergarments wear made of linen. The wool was veeerryyy uncomfortable, but the linen helped it out a little from not being to itchy and hot. They always smelt becasue they smoked, worked, and basically did verything in these clothes and hardly washed them. For the clergy, they wore robes and ropes around them. The style of which they wore them would show who had the more money or who was higher in power. The upper class still wore wool, but it was made of pretty colors instead of brown dull colors. The women wore headdresses and huge flowing gowns, while the men wore tunics or jackets with legging or breeches. As the time went on, the clothes started to turn into silk and had metal and silver on them and they could start to afford to get leather belts.
I would hope to be in the wealthy class so that i could wear nicer stuff and not smell all the tie. I think that I would have a huge problem with being itchy and hot from the wool
This website would hlep the viewers a good insight to what they had to wear back in the medieval times time.
http://medieval-period.com/medievalclothing.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Really good. i like how informative it is :) haha the picture is funny. Good Job♥
ReplyDeleteWOW!! THat would suck to have to wear all that wool in the hot summer! Imagine how bad you would smell from all the work you had to do and not even be able to wash your clothes very often. I would also hope to be apart of the upper class so that i would look nice and also be comfortable in what i am wearing. I think that the classes are very much seperated in what they look like and wear and that you would kind of stand out from being wealthy or poor. I think that this blog was very imfomative about what they wore.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete