Monday, October 11, 2010

Wk8_Medieval Times 2




Eating was a past time in medieval times. It would be great to live in this time period becasue eating was for fun and huge  gatherings. For the people with a lot of money, eating was a huge form of entertaining. People tried to impress one another by having huge feasts that would feed many people. The more food you had the more wealthy that made you seem. The food depended on the seaon and the summer time had the most selection of food. In the winter, the food was the most scarce and people who were used to eating lost of meat, had to stick to the dry meat. The poor had a very hard time trying to feed themselves in the winter and stuggled in the summer as well. The poor mostly ate vegetables or whatever else they could find. The most popular drinks were honey with water, ale for the lower class and wine for the upper classes.


If I were in this time I would hope to live in the upper class only because I would want to be able to eat a lot and not be limited on what i can and cannot eat.


This website would be good for a user becasue it shows the different levels of eating and what each class gets to eat. This website also shows people that food was a huge form of entertaing and everyone loved to eat.

http://medieval-period.com/medievaljousting.html

1 comment:

  1. I think that it would suck to be poor in that time becuase you would have to serve the upper class before you could get what you wanted. I do now eat for the entertainment because it is a sort of gathering... I LOVE FOOD CHANTICLEER!! lol but i think that i would be considered in the upper class inly cuz i love to eat and i would want it to be served to me=] Its kind of funny that the more food you have the richer you are and the bigger the feasts the more friends you would have. Over all I think that you gave a lot of information about how the differnet classes ate and how eating was apart of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete