Monday, October 11, 2010

Wk8_Medieval Times 1



The medieval times was not actually a very violent period of time. The jousting tournaments were helf in an open field and the knights were sometimed seperated by a fence. Each knight would have a lance, which was a weapon that looked like a huge stick, and they would ride horses directly at each other and try to knock eachother off. THere were different kinds of jousting one is were the knights had a free for all and just went at eachother and another one was when they went one againset one and fought to their deaths. Before each jousting tournament, they would pick a lady that they would fight for in her honor and if they won, they would take her to bed.  The knights wuold win many prizes and have great feasts, but at the end of the day, they would just go home and sleep with the lady they had won.


I think that it would be fun to watch these jousting tournaments go on. I would not want to see the people die, but it would be fun to watch the sport and eat=]


This website showed me a lot because it explained the different ways of jousting and how the actual tournament went on.

http://medieval-period.com/medievaljousting.html

1 comment:

  1. I soo agree with you and that i would love to watch the jousting tournaments. I would not want to see people get hurt, but it is kind of apart of the game=] I think that it is funny that at the begining that they got to pick a married lady and if they won they got to take her home for the night as if she were a prize. I do not think i would ever let my husband be a prize like these woman were, but then again i would fight for my amn and i would win=] lol jk jk CHANTICLEER. BUt i do think that it is sad that they consider them prizes and do not consider their feelings.

    ReplyDelete